Wednesday 26 November 2008

Week 2

Week 2 Class Activity

Low poly modelling continued.

This week I was able to produce a bowl for the fruit to sit in as well as learning how to use some modifiers.

For the bowl I had to use the Line tool with a Lathe Modifier.



I found that I had to adjust the pivot point to the drawn object otherwise the Lathe tool would not create the correct shape.



Incorrect shape:



Correct shape & Pivot point:



By using the “Select & Uniform Scale option, I was then able to adjust the object into a realistic bowl shape. The problem was that the edges looked rather square.



To get round this I used the Smooth modifier. This allowed me to adjust how square or round I wished the object to appear.



I found that the higher the “Threshold”, the smoother an object would appear.

No comments: